Ruth’s List is the only organization dedicated to electing Democratic pro-choice women candidates in Florida. Our unique approach empowers women to run inspiring, focused and well-resourced campaigns that win. We know what campaign tactics work in Florida and the value women candidates bring when they decide to run. When a woman is connected and prepared, she’s the best champion for her community. She is the change.
About the Role
Ruth’s List Florida is currently seeking a communications fellow for Spring/Summer 2021 to work directly with our Interim Communications Director. We offer a flexible work schedule and require a commitment of 10 hours per week for 4 months (April 1 – July 31). This role provides a unique opportunity for mentorship and to learn in a supportive work environment, all while making a positive impact on Florida’s political landscape.
● Assist in drafting written communications such as press releases, op-eds, and emails
● Check the news for mentions of Ruth’s List Florida and our endorsed candidates and create a weekly news summary
● Assist in updating the website with newly endorsed candidates, news stories, press releases, etc.
● Propose a monthly social media and email calendar
● Draft graphic and written content for social media channels
● Monitor social media and assist in re-sharing/posting/tweeting
● Assist with general communications responsibilities
● Excellent writing and project management skills
● Experience with Canva and graphic design
● Familiarity with WordPress a plus
● Flexibility, as projects and priorities may shift
● Commitment to the organization’s mission of electing Democratic, pro-choice women in Florida
$2,400 stipend for a 4-month commitment, 10 hours/week (April 1 – July 31)
To apply, please email application materials to Stefanie Clarke at email@example.com with “Communications Fellow” in the subject line. Please submit the following:
● Brief cover letter
● Two references
● A sample of written communications
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Finalists will be contacted for an interview over video.
Ruth’s List Florida strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented populations.