Seeking Field Organizers to REMOTELY recruit and build relationships with environmental organization membership in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin
Riverside Organizing is hiring enthusiastic Field Organizers on behalf of its client the League of Conservation Voters (LCV) for their large-scale, virtual membership mobilization program, GreenRoots, to help elect Joe Biden, candidate for the Presidency, and endorsed Senate and House candidates in 11 states. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, travel is strongly discouraged and all duties will be performed remotely. Field Organizers will virtually recruit, train and empower LCV members to volunteer on behalf of LCV Action-Fund endorsed candidates. Field Organizers will recruit LCV members statewide and work remotely with a team of organizers and a Regional Field Director on the project.
Successful candidates must have at least one cycle of community, issue, labor, or political organizing, excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to build relationships remotely, strong written and oral communication skills and must work well in a team. The position requires extensive volunteer recruitment, including phone banking, text banking, and social media outreach volunteer training and management, reliable internet, a laptop, and a willingness to work evening and weekend hours.
- Utilize social media, phone banking, text banking and 1:1 meetings to recruit, mobilize and train a diverse group of LCV members statewide to make phone calls, send texts and write letters to elect LCV Action Fund endorsed candidates.
- Track all volunteer outreach and engagement in VAN and submit daily reports.
- Plan and execute organizing actions, events and trainings, including phone banks, text banks, virtual LCV member meetings and letter writing events.
- Develop relationships with Coordinated Campaign partners, and other progressive leaders in the community and work with them on events and activities.
- Utilize digital, social media and organizing skills to build support for LCVAF endorsed candidates, including peer-to-peer texting and other digital tools.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Successful experience working with teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds and perspectives.
- 1+ cycles of electoral campaign experience, community, issue, labor or political organizing, a plus.
- Fluency in VAN, Microsoft Office Suite; other field and digital tools, a plus.
- Experience or residency in program states, a plus.
- Share a commitment to continued learning and the cultural competency to increase racial diversity in our movement.
- Integrating justice and equity into the work we do and creating an inclusive team culture.
- Have a passion for protecting communities most impacted by climate change and environmental injustice.
Work hours vary from standard office hours and include Saturdays. Laptop and reliable internet a must.
Duration: This position is full-time, salaried and temporary through November 15, 2020. Healthcare is offered.
Riverside Organizing is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace.