FRRC is hiring an experienced Communications Coordinator to join our dynamic Communications Department and to help expand our reach and impact. This role supports the Communications Director with day-to-day activities such as scheduling media interviews, social media management and writing a wide array of communications materials such as press releases, official statements, website copy and newsletter and blog articles. Your duties will be diverse and multifaceted, so excellent professional skills and written and verbal communications skills are vital for this role. If you’re an ambitious communicator who is dedicated to criminal justice reform, FRRC is an excellent place to grow your career.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Write and edit critical communications materials such as press releases, official statements, blog posts, newsletter content, flyers, op-eds, website content, etc.
● Manage social media channels and create and schedule impactful posts to engage audiences.
● Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies.
● Assist Communications Director in day-to-day activities such as responding to media requests and internal and external communications requests.
● Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
● Plan press conferences and other promotional events to help keep the organization top of mind.
● Perform outreach to media outlets and influencers and build strategic partnerships to grow brand notoriety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience required.
● 2+ years’ experience in a communication, marketing or writing role.
● Must be familiar with AP Style and social media platforms and schedulers. (e.g. Buffer)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
● An analytical mind and ability to think critically.
● Knowledge of email marketing software such as Every Action or a similar program.
● Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices.
● Must be flexible and able to manage competing priorities and have superior time management skills.
● Must be a self-starter.
● Demonstrated commitment and passion for criminal justice reform and the mission of FRRC.
● Strong computer skills and proficient in using Google's G-Suite.
● Familiar with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and capable of creating visually compelling presentations.
● Must be able to work independently and effectively collaborate with staff.
● Must be an effective communicator and have a mastery of the English language.
● Proficient public speaking abilities are an asset.
● Ability to work with diverse groups of people and organizations.
The Communications Coordinator will interact most frequently with the Communications Director but will also work closely with all staff within the Communications Department, as well as other departments within the organization.
● Ability to sit, bend, stand for long periods of time, climb a minimum of one flight of stairs and occasionally lift to 25 pounds.
● Manual dexterity enough to operate a computer keyboard, tablet, mobile and desktop telephone system.
● Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
● Ability to travel on occasion locally and regionally.
● Employees will normally work in an office environment (Orlando based HQ) with some time spent working in the field.
● Noise level is moderate, with some frequency of interruptions.