FRRC seeks a highly experienced, motivated, talented and dynamic individual to serve as a Director of Programs to head the Organizing Department. The Director of Programs is responsible for developing and implementing plans to win campaigns in Florida, providing training and capacity building activities for FRRC Core Leaders, recruiting and developing FRRC Fellows to build out Membership and Regional Chapters.
The Director of Programs is an exempt position and will be part of the Senior Leadership Team. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes a strategy that includes and coherently integrates FRRC’s overall organizing activities in the field including long-term and short-term campaigns, on-going tactics like public education and base-building as well as specific efforts like rapid response or events.
- Manages a team of 10-20 organizers and related staff that executes the program which can include specific teams working on specific campaigns or tactics as well as more general activity that undergirds the whole program.
- Coordinates with Political, Legislative, Communications, Strategic Partnerships and other departments to insure that the organizing program activities align with FRRC’s overall strategy and goals, to provide support and to execute the shared work of the organization.
- Coordinates with additional external stakeholders as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree from accredited institution of higher learning preferred, or equivalent job-related work experience required.
- At least 5 years of experience in community, labor, or grassroots organizing.
- Experience managing a diverse staff and working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for criminal justice and the mission of FRRC.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in using Google's G-Suite.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and organizations.
The Director Programs will interact most frequently with the Executive Director, Political Director and Director of Operations, as well as the members of the Organizing team. In addition, this person will also interact frequently with FRRC members, community stakeholders, and coalition partners.
- The Director of Programs is regularly required to sit, stand, walk.
- The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Director of Programs will typically work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally on occasion. This person will be required to use their personal automobile for business and must carry auto insurance and have a valid current driver’s license.
- Office employees will normally work in an office environment (Orlando based HQ) with some time spent working in the field.
- Remote employees will normally work in the field with some time spent working in the (Orlando based HQ) office.
- Noise level is moderate, with some frequency of interruptions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants can apply directly to the job posting by visiting this site https://jobs.lever.co/floridarrc.