Florida Conservation Voters (FCV) is a statewide advocacy organization that works to turn environmental values into local, state, and national priorities. We engage people in our democracy to protect our environment and create a healthy, sustainable future for all Floridians. We connect people to their political power by mobilizing people, winning elections, holding elected officials accountable, and advancing responsible public policies.
FCV seeks a Digital Organizer whose primary role will be to plan and execute digital campaigns to support FCV’s community organizing, advocacy, accountability, and GOTV efforts. The ideal candidate has experience with digital platforms and organizing and is able to keep up to speed with emerging trends in online and relational organizing. This individual must be a strong executer, able to make ideas and theories a reality. The Digital Organizer must be responsive and attentive, work quickly and efficiently, and follow instructions carefully while thinking about new ways to do the work better.
- Work closely with FCV’s Executive Director and Chispa Program Director to develop, implement and evaluate issue organizing campaigns that successfully recruit volunteers, build grassroots leaders, and get the attention of decision-makers and media.
- Identify, train, and manage motivated volunteers to work as independent teams, ensuring they have the resources, plans and tools needed to meet short and long-term goals.
- Monitor online trends and conversations, and engage digital activists with ongoing opportunities for meaningful action on environmental protection and civic engagement.
- Keep up to speed with emerging trends in online and relational organizing.
- Track organizing work, including developing and monitoring reports on volunteer recruitment and leadership development.
- Report and track key metrics for online engagement.
- Strengthen partnerships through collaborative event planning (e.g. tele-townhalls).
- Work across lines of race and class to build and maintain relationships within the landscape of Latinx and people of color-led organizations and coalitions.
- Collaborate with FCV’s communications team to create media opportunities and increase coverage of the program and campaigns.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including an ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment while delivering quality results.
- Discipline to establish goals and work plans and motivation to meet goals, produce results, and exceed expectations.
- Ability to be a creative problem-solver who is resourceful and resilient in challenging or new situations and eagerness to learn new skills and digital tools.
- Experience with volunteer outreach, training volunteers, forming alliances with other groups, and leading volunteers in a team-style structure.
- Emotional intelligence and effective listening skills in order to be an effective coach, trainer, and member of a complex team.
- An understanding of environmental values as well as how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic inequality, sexism, homophobia, and other systems of oppression.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and Google suite.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and culturally competent with the diversity of communities of color in Florida.
- Fluency in VAN preferred.
- Experience with engaging people via social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- Knowledge of or experience with tools like EveryAction, ThruTalk/ThruText, Empower, etc. a plus.
- Experience with common graphic design and video tools (e.g. Pixelmator, Canva, Animoto a plus.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS a plus.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Demonstrated commitment to conservation, environmental justice, and organizing around our core issues.
- Community organizing experience working with Latinx communities and communities of color in Florida highly preferred.
- Existing relationships with grassroots organizations and community leaders in Florida.
Values: Must share our organizational commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Must share our strong belief in everyday peoples’ ability to affect change and in their fundamental right to be heard by decision-makers and to influence the policies and decisions that affect their community.
Location, Salary and Benefits:
While FCV’s main office is located in Tallahassee, Florida, this position will be based remotely in Central Florida (Orlando, Kissimmee). This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience, ranging from $38,000 - $42,000. This position will begin as soon as possible. FCV provides full-time staff with benefits including vacation and sick time, a health reimbursement arrangement, and after two years of employment, a retirement savings plan.
To Apply: Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for FCV and how this position fits into your long-term career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Digital Organizer” in the subject line. Position open until filled.
FCV is an equal opportunity employer committed to racial justice, equity and an inclusive workplace.