Florida Conservation Voters (FCV) is a statewide advocacy organization that works to turn environmental values into local, state, and national priorities. We engage people in our democracy to protect our environment and create a healthy, sustainable future for all Floridians. We connect people to their political power by mobilizing people, winning elections, holding elected officials accountable, and advancing responsible public policies.
Democracy For All Florida (DFA) is a program of the Florida Conservation Voters. DFA’s mission is to build a more just and equitable democracy that is responsive to all people and their will to protect the planet. Democracy For All is improving access to and trust in our democracy, so communities that our country has traditionally left out of the decision-making process can reclaim their rightful influence. We do this by advocating for structural democracy reform, registering and turning people out to vote, and transformational community organizing.
FCV is looking to hire a Digital Organizer whose primary role will be to plan and execute digital campaigns to support DFA’s advocacy, accountability, and GOTV efforts. The ideal candidate has experience with digital platforms and organizing and is able to keep up to speed with emerging trends in online organizing. This individual must be a strong executor, able to make ideas and theories a reality. The Digital Organizer must be responsive and attentive, work quickly and efficiently, and follow instructions carefully while thinking about new ways to do the work better.
- Work closely with Democracy For All’s Civic Engagement Director to develop, implement, and evaluate issue organizing campaigns that successfully recruit volunteers, build grassroots leaders, and get the attention of decision-makers and media.
- Identify, train, and manage motivated volunteers to work as independent teams, ensuring they have the resources, plans, and tools needed to meet short and long-term goals.
- Monitor online trends and conversations and engage digital activists with ongoing opportunities for meaningful action on environmental protection and civic engagement.
- Track organizing work, including developing and monitoring reports on volunteer recruitment and leadership development.
- Report and track key metrics for online engagement and demographics.
- Strengthen partnerships through collaborative event planning (e.g. tele-town halls).
- Work across lines of race and class to build and maintain relationships within the landscape of Black-led and people of color-led organizations and coalitions.
- Create social media content to increase membership, online actions, and engagement.
- Collaborate with FCV’s communications team to create media opportunities and increase coverage of the program and campaigns.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including an ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment while delivering quality results.
- Discipline to establish goals and work plans and motivation to meet goals, produce results and exceed expectations.
- Ability to be a creative problem-solver who is resourceful and resilient in challenging or new situations and eager to learn new skills and digital tools.
- 1-2 years of experience with organizing, volunteer outreach, training volunteers, forming alliances with other groups, and leading volunteers in a team-style structure.
- Emotional intelligence and effective listening skills to be an effective coach, trainer, and member of a complex team.
- An understanding of environmental values as well as how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic inequality, sexism, homophobia, and other systems of oppression.
- Commitment to increasing racial diversity in the environmental movement and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Excellent spoken, written communication skills, as well as experience with database management, Microsoft Office, and Google suites.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Fluency in more than one language, Creole and Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to conservation, environmental justice, and organizing around our core issues.
- Existing relationships with grassroots organizations and community leaders in Florida.
Values: Must share our organizational commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Must share our strong belief in everyday peoples’ ability to affect change and in their fundamental right to be heard by decision-makers and to influence the policies and decisions that affect their community.
Location, Salary, and Benefits:
This is a full-time position based in Miami. The yearly salary ranges from $35,000-$45,000 relevant to experience. FCV provides full-time staff with benefits including vacation and sick time, a health reimbursement arrangement that covers roughly half of insurance costs, and after two years of employment, a retirement savings plan.
To Apply: Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for FCV and how this position fits into your long-term career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “DFA Digital Organizer” in the subject line. Position open until filled.
FCV is an equal opportunity employer committed to racial justice, equity, and an inclusive workplace.