Florida Conservation Voters (FCV) is a statewide advocacy organization that works to turn environmental values into local, state, and national priorities. We engage people in our democracy to protect our environment and create a healthy, sustainable future for all Floridians. We connect people to their political power by mobilizing people and advancing responsible public policies.
Democracy for All Florida (DFA Florida), a program of the Florida Conservation Voters Education Fund, is seeking a full-time Quality Control Director to help lead a non-partisan voter registration and redistricting program. This position will help develop a voting rights and democracy agenda and drive a mission that expands access to the political process. This position is primarily responsible for managing a staff of Quality Control Managers, overseeing data entry and quality control, and maintaining records for the DFA Florida Voter Registration Program.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a team, working with data and spreadsheets, and will have experience with clerical or administrative tasks. They will be committed to getting results, mitigating risk in a fast-paced environment, and able to handle a heavy workload. The primary responsibilities of this position include team management, data entry, quality control, and record-keeping for the Voter Registration Program. The Quality Control Director reports to the Civic Engagement Director. This position, alongside a team of tenacious colleagues, will advocate for voting rights, and build and amplify the voices of communities of color and other key constituencies who are disproportionately impacted by environmental issues.
- Lead a team of Quality Control Managers; establish regular check-ins with each manager and provide constructive feedback and support when issues occur.
- Review form processing procedures; review flagged forms after managers’ visual inspections for accuracy and keep accurate records of delivery; raise up concerns or issues to the Civic Engagement Director.
- Review daily quality control system entries and uploads; review uploaded voter registration forms in our quality control software daily. Time management will be essential in this role given strict reporting deadlines.
- Maintain high caliber data collection; ensure that our voter registration drive is accurately registering voters and maintaining the highest standards of integrity, form completion, and data quality. Investigate and document any errors or QC concerns; ensure all records are properly uploaded into our quality control software and stored securely.
- Coordinate quality control manager schedules & workflow; when form collection gets busy, delegate tasks to make sure everything gets done; work closely with organizers to ensure timely delivery and transfer of forms.
Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years in grassroots community or labor organizing programs. Experience in programs that include volunteer outreach (canvassing, phone banking, house visits, etc.), training volunteers, monitoring goals, developing strategies and tactics, and forming alliances with other groups.
- Ability to conduct basic research to learn issues, including the positions and values of local policymakers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment. Creative problem-solver who is resourceful during challenging or new situations.
- Experience with VAN, EveryAction, Google Business Suite, and Google Sheets/Excel is highly preferred.
- Spanish/Haitian Kreyol/English bilingual is a skill we value, but it is not a requirement.
- Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about differences, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. An understanding of racial justice and the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Experience working across lines of race, immigration status, ethnicity, language, class, gender and other identities and experience.
- Ability to work frequent evenings and weekends to attend community events and lead meetings; occasional travel required (approximately 4-6 times/year). Position requires a valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Time management will be essential in this role given strict reporting deadlines.
- Must share our organizational commitment to centering racial justice and equity in the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Must share our strong belief in everyday peoples’ ability to affect change and in their fundamental right to be heard by decision-makers and to influence the policies and decisions that affect their community.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits based in Miami, Florida.
FCVEF provides full-time staff with benefits including vacation and sick time, a health reimbursement arrangement, and after two years of employment, a retirement savings plan.
Ability to work some evenings with the possibility of travel. The position is based in Miami, FL.
Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to be the Quality Control/Deputy Director with DFA Florida Florida to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “DFA Florida Quality Control/Deputy Director” in the subject line. Position open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience and geography, ranging from $40,000 to $50,000.
FCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Equitable, Inclusive, and Diverse Workplace.