America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community, leading collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. America Votes works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit www.americavotes.org.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY
America Votes is committed to advancing racial equity through organizational systems and policies that are consistently tested, evaluated, and updated. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building reflective and equitable state and national networks and partnerships.
- Increasing engagement of state-based groups building power in communities of color in the planning process.
- Expanding the Community Power Builders program, designed to support organizations led by and working in communities of color as they emerge into the 501(c)(4) space.
America Votes sees its commitment to racial equity as an integral part of its success. Applicants are encouraged to reflect on how they see themselves contributing to America Votes’ work on advancing racial equity.
America Votes Florida is seeking a well-organized self-starter for the 2020 election cycle as a full-time position as Data Manager. The Florida Data Manager plays a key role in the advancement of the progressive movement in the state. America Votes utilizes and offers its partner organizations a range of voter file, data, and targeting services. We seek an individual with a combination of technical and political skills to join the growing data team to support the management of these services and work with state partner groups and stakeholders. This position works closely with the state Data Director and reports to the State Director.
This position is based in Florida, office location negotiable.
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support, enhance, and execute programs.
- Support the Data Director in data presentation development. Must be comfortable visualizing data and summarizing findings using a variety of tools for a wide range of audiences.
- Work with consultants and other AV staff responsible for the acquisition, enhancement, manipulation, and management of voter and member data.
- Work with the state data director to manage voter file access for AV partner organizations. This includes administration and security, training end-users, and providing technical assistance as needed.
- Manage and enhance volunteer recruitment databases, virtual predictive dialer, web-based programs, and text messaging programs.
- Supporting AV staff and partner groups to develop campaign plans.
- Support partner and organizational VAN and data trainings
- Support coalition coordination by monitoring benchmarks, providing technical assistance, and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Support the creation and development of written reports and products.
- Spirit of service and problem-solving attitude.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or historically marginalized communities, preferably in campaign or organizing settings.
- Candidates should have an understanding of common direct voter contact programs and experience using data to inform plans.
- Strong VAN or other database skills are required.
- Must be comfortable using spreadsheets, and should have a working knowledge of: pivot tables, filters, text to columns, and creating simple charts using Excel or a similar tool.
- Candidates must have a willingness and aptitude to seek out and learn new technical skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills, with attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter willing to work long irregular ‘campaign-style’ hours and to travel as needed, especially during campaign season. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of persistence and resourcefulness in solving technical and data problems.
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Standout candidates will have experience with at least one of the following: Mapping tools (QGIS, etc), Visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Periscope, etc), SQL (comfortable with SELECT, WHERE, GROUPBY), R, Python, advanced Excel functions (VLOOKUP, SUMIF, INDEX(MATCH)).
- Knowledge of and experience with Florida political landscape and/or independent expenditure political campaigns.
- Experience implementing field campaigns.
This position runs through December 31, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience, $50,000 - $55,000. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401(k).
Please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to the application form.
If you experience any technical difficulties with our application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only applications received through the application form will be considered; please do not email us your application materials.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. America Votes does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.