It’s no stretch to say the future of St. Pete hinges on today’s Mayoral Election. With polls showing a razor-thin margin every vote is critical, so if you haven’t already, I’m urging you to join me by casting your ballot today in support of Mayor Rick Kriseman.
The impact of today’s election won’t be limited to the next four years – it will be felt across our community for decades. In the words of President Obama, Mayor Kriseman has a track record of “bold leadership on climate change”. He’s committed to tackling both the causes and the impacts of climate change, having already pledged St. Petersburg to shift to 100% clean energy. Meanwhile, Mayor Kriseman’s opponent has questioned the science of man-made climate change.
With climate science deniers like Donald Trump in the White House and Rick Scott in the Governor’s Mansion, our waterfront city needs leadership on climate and energy issues from the local level. Mayor Kriseman has provided that leadership by signing a pledge to uphold the ‘Paris Climate Agreement’ following Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw the United States from it, and by vehemently opposing oil drilling off Pinellas County beaches and Florida’s coast.
Besides his progressive stance on climate and energy, here are just a few of Mayor Kriseman’s other accomplishments and forward thinking positions:
- Implemented a $300 million infrastructure plan to upgrade the city’s aging sewer system, the largest public works project in city history.
- Mayor Kriseman helped pass the “Defend our Democracy” ordinance to lessen the influence of big money and special interest money in our local elections.
- Mayor Kriseman is a strong supporter of equality. He’s always supported marriage equality, ending LGBT discrimination in the workplace, and proudly supports and marches in the annual St. Pete Pride Parade.
- Mayor Kriseman ended St. Petersburg’s long and embarrassing run as the only major city in Florida without curbside recycling.
- As a state legislator, Kriseman was a two-time recipient of Progress Florida’s “Middle Class Champion” Award. He won by having a 100% voting record on the issues impacting the protection and expansion of St. Petersburg’s middle class.
As someone raised in St. Petersburg and witnessing each day progress in the Sunshine City, I’m excited to cast my vote today for Rick Kriseman in this historic election. (If you’ve already voted by mail, great! Please share this message with friends and family who haven’t voted yet.)
From improving our neighborhood schools to safeguarding our environment, from advocating for quality jobs and consumer protections to championing equality, Rick Kriseman has demonstrated his passion for moving our city forward and will continue to be the type of mayor the great city of St. Petersburg deserves. Please join me in voting to re-elect Mayor Kriseman.
Here’s what you need to know to cast your vote in today’s election:
ST. PETERSBURG CITY ELECTION
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7th
WHEN TO VOTE: 7am – 7pm on Election Day
WHERE TO VOTE: Check your Voter Information Card or click here to look up your polling location
WHAT TO BRING: A current and valid picture ID with a signature. Approved forms of valid IDs are listed here. All registered voters residing in the City of St. Petersburg may cast a vote.
If you still have a mail ballot at home, simply bring your mail ballot to your official polling location and you will be allowed to cast a regular ballot.
See you at the polls,
Founder and Director of Progress Florida
Paid political advertisement paid for by Progress Florida independently of any candidate. 1010 Central Ave. #209 - St. Petersburg, FL 33705. This advertisement was not approved by any candidate.