Organize Now is a community-based, nonprofit member organization of low- and moderate-income people dedicated to the principles of social, racial & economic justice and the promotion of an equal and fair Florida for all.
The Florida Institute for Reform and Empowerment (F.I.R.E.) is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low and moderate income Floridians to be leaders in their communities. F.I.R.E. is the issue education and civic engagement arm of Organize Now.
Organize Now (O.N.) and Florida Institute for Reform and Empowerment (F.I.R.E.) are looking for a part-time accounting clerk to work under the Chief Financial Officer and perform a range of administrative, accounting, and bookkeeping support functions. Accounting knowledge preferred.
- Assist in month-end reporting procedures
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- Answer calls as needed
- Pick up and distribute mail
- Purchase office supplies at the request of the CFO
- Process accounts receivables as needed
- Prepare and submit customer invoices
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
- Perform all necessary account, bank, and other reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment
- Process accounts payable as needed
- Check, verify, and process invoices
- Sort, code, and enter accounts payable data
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Maintain vendor and HR files
A successful candidate must believe in the core values of Organize Now and FIRE and be driven by its mission. Key qualifications for a successful Accounting Clerk include:
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including proficiency in Excel
- Detail oriented and able to problem-solve effectively
- A customer service orientation and ability to work well on a team
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
Cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position. This is a full time position. Send a cover letter and resume to OrganizeNowHiring@gmail.com with subject: Accounting Clerk. No phone calls please.
Organize Now is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ strongly urged to apply.