Organize Florida is a progressive, community-based organization engaged in and committed to building power to effect change in times of injustice, maintain and protect our existing rights in the state of Florida whenever and wherever injustices are being committed or civil rights are being infringed upon.
The Organize Florida Education Fund is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that both trains and develops leaders and organizes families in low-to moderate-income communities in Florida. Our vision is for these communities to become critically engaged in the political system in order to create a more just and equitable society.
Organize Florida seeks a highly motivated, talented, and dynamic individual to serve as the Vice President of Organizing & Campaign Strategy. Along with the Executive Director & Co-Founder and the Sr. Vice President & Managing Director, the Vice President of Organizing & Campaign Strategy is responsible for providing long-term and strategic leadership for ongoing campaign work; working closely with the organizations Organizing Departments and members to strengthen, align, and coordinate ongoing issue campaigns and platforms; and developing strategic delivery on current campaigns. They will work closely with the organizations Regional Directors and Organizing Directors to reach all campaign goals. This is a full-time salaried position that will also serve on the organizations Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Core Leadership Team (CLT).
- Develop strategic campaign plans for local and state campaigns that promote the vision and mission of the organization;
- Collaborate with Organizing Departments and Directors to reach all campaign goals;
- Implement creative and innovative strategies that move state and local campaigns forward including using strategic communications;
- Build relationships with local and national partners as they relate to specific campaign plans;
- Ensure coalition meetings are attended, as well as calls and conferences as they relate to specific campaign plans or political strategy of organization;
- Strategize and support long-term visioning for the organizations growth in multiple areas;
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Sr. Vice President & Managing Director on ways to promote leadership development within an evolving staff culture;
- Represent the organization on many statewide and national platforms;
- Serve as the chief strategist for the organizations campaigns.
- 7-10 years of leadership and management experience with a proven track record of meeting goals and deliverables;
- Strong experience with organizing campaigns with state or local significance;
- Understanding of issues facing low income communities, minority communities, women, LGBTQ communities, low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other impacted communities;
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, motivating, and training staff, activists and volunteers;
- Experience building broad-based coalitions;
- Comfort with the implementation of a range of organizing strategies and tactics;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Self-motivated - proven ability to work independently;
- Ability to be a team player and work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
- Commitment and passion for social justice and the Organize Florida mission.
A competitive salary is offered, with a benefits package that includes health insurance, seniority raises, paid vacation and paid time off. This position will be based in either the Tampa or Orlando office locations.
To apply, please include where you saw this job post, and send resume and cover letter to: Jobs@DemocracyPartners.com
Please include at least three professional references. References are not contacted until you’ve had a successful interview. Please include salary requirements or range separately from other materials. Direct any inquiries to Jobs@DemocracyPartners.com
Only applications sent through this address will be considered.
Organize Florida is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ strongly urged to apply. Due to the high volume of interests, only applicants of interest will be contacted.