Organize Florida is a progressive, community-based organization engaged in and committed to building power to effect change in times of injustice, maintain and protect our existing rights in the state of Florida whenever and wherever injustices are being committed or civil rights are being infringed upon.
The Organize Florida Education Fund is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that both trains and develops leaders and organizes families in low-to moderate-income communities in Florida. Our vision is for these communities to become critically engaged in the political system in order to create a more just and equitable society.
Organize Florida seeks a highly motivated, talented, and dynamic individual to serve as the Political Operations Director. Along with the Executive Director, the Political Operations Director will assist in visioning, planning, and overseeing the overall political strategy of the organization as it relates to legislative session, Political Action Committee endorsements, statewide campaign initiatives, issue campaigns and local races. The Political Operations Director will work with members, as well as local and state coalitions of unions, social justice organizations, critical constituency groups and allies.
- Oversee all political operations to ensure all campaign and organizational goals are being met;
- Identify priority issue-areas of organization for statewide and local campaigns;
- Develop and implement campaign plans as they relate to local and statewide priorities;
- Serve as the liaison during legislative session between organization and legislators, coalitions;
- Develop legislative priorities and a plan of action around each issue area;
- Develop PAC endorsement process;
- Field local and state candidates for PAC endorsements;
- Work with board and staff on the implementation of campaigns and political work;
- Oversee coordinated campaign efforts with allies and all designated staff and volunteers;
- Attend coalition meetings, calls and conferences as they relate to specific campaign plans or political strategy of organization.
- Minimum 5 years organizing experience (labor or community, or non-candidate electoral);
- Experience leading organizing campaigns with state or local significance;
- Understanding of issues facing low income communities, minority communities, women, LGBTQ communities, low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other impacted communities;
- Experience building broad-based coalitions;
- Comfort with the implementation of a range of organizing strategies and tactics;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills - good attention to detail and well organized;
- Self-motivated - proven ability to work independently;
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred but not required.
A competitive salary is offered, with a benefits package that includes health insurance, seniority raises, paid vacation and paid time off. This position will be based in either the Tampa or Orlando office locations.
To apply, please include where you saw this job post, and send resume and cover letter to: Jobs@DemocracyPartners.com
Please include at least three professional references. References are not contacted until you’ve had a successful interview. Please include salary requirements or range separately from other materials. Direct any inquiries to Jobs@DemocracyPartners.com
Only applications sent through this address will be considered.
Organize Florida is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ strongly urged to apply. Due to the high volume of interests, only applicants of interest will be contacted.