The goal of this field position is to initiate collaborative models for engaging community partners to provide and expand under-utilized federal nutrition programs in Miami and the neighboring Florida Keys. The position works through education, advocacy, community outreach, technical assistance, and follow up regarding effective service provision. Currently the position’s primary focus is on child nutrition programs in Miami, with a particular emphasis on increasing breakfast participation in the public schools. The position works closely with the Projects Manager in Tallahassee to set goals and priorities. Florida Impact is primarily an anti-hunger organization and, as such, the duties and responsibilities of this position may vary to reflect current need. The below list is meant as an outline of the general focus of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess the status of federal nutrition programs in the assigned region and work with executive staff to identify goals for implementation and expansion of programs.
- Initiate, mobilize and manage Coalitions with elected officials, community leaders, nonprofit, public and private sector organizations.
- Provide technical support and strategic outreach for out-of-school time nonprofit organizations applying to become sponsors or sites of the USDA Afterschool Meals and Summer Food Service Programs.
- Provide technical support and strategic outreach for Public School District Administrators, Food Service Directors, and targeted schools to expand the School Breakfast Program.
- Deliver presentations on successful models and strategies.
- Create, coordinate and implement marketing tactics for programs.
- Assist in securing matching funds for programs’ expansion.
- Knowledge of Federal Food and Nutrition programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and collaborations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows-based computer applications and database management required.
- College degree required; Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- As this is a Field Position, must have reliable transportation and appropriate space to conduct work.
- Level 2 background check required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY